Kyrgyzstan has signed air communications agreements with 26 countries of the world. However, regular air communications are maintained only with 11 countries.
- Cities of the Kyrgyz Republic are connected by direct air flights to the following countries and cities: Russia (Moscow, Saint Petersburg, Yekaterinburg, Krasnoyarsk, Novosibirsk, Omsk), Tajikistan (Dushanbe, Hudjent), Uzbekistan (Tashkent), Kazakhstan (Astana, Almaty), Armenia (Yerevan), Turkey (Istanbul), Iran (Teheran, Meshed), Pakistan, China (Beijing, Urumqi), India (Delhi), the United Arab Emirates (Dubai), South Korea (Seoul, Incheon), and Great Britain (London).
- Roads provide access to all neighbouring countries (Uzbekistan, Tajikistan, Kazakhstan, and China).
- There is no developed railway system within the territory of the Kyrgyz Republic. Thus, there is no railway line between the north and south of the country. Nevertheless, the Kyrgyz Republic does have a railway connection to Uzbekistan and Kazakhstan.
Mail and Cargo Delivery
Both state-owned and private providers of these services are active in the market of the Kyrgyz Republic – 7 mail companies are currently operating. Thus, Kyrgyzpochtasy (Kyrgyz Post) state enterprise provides services of regular and express mail, including delivery of parcels and packages by land and by air, international express mail services, and services of postal money orders within the country and around the world. Representation offices and licensees of international companies DHL, FedEx, UPS, TNT Express, and local companies Interpost, Kyrgyz Courier, and a number of others, provide express mail services.
There are a broad variety of options for Internet access; they range from dial-up to wired broadband and Wi-Fi access and satellite-based Internet. Leading service providers include ElCat, AsiaInfo, Kyrgyztelecom, Aknet, Saima Telecom, WinLine, and a number of others.
Mobile Telecom Services
At the moment, mobile services in the local market are provided by:
- GSM standard mobile services network operated under Beeline brands and offering roaming services in 182 countries;
- CDMA20001Х standard mobile services network operated under Fonex trademark and offering roaming services in 2 countries;
- GSM standard mobile services network operated under MegaCom brand and offering roaming services in 196 countries;
- GSM standard mobile services network operated under O! ™.